Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Little Bit of Big News

In all my craziness of cleaning house and keeping kids from getting sick, I forgot to mention the little bit of news we got.

WE ARE MOVING!!!!

Joe got a job working for the PTRA in Houston, Texas.
This isn't just any job.
Joe is taking a two position leap from a Director to Superintendent.
He will be the second in command for the PTRA just under the General Manager.
Did I forget to mention that Joe is the youngest EVER to be promoted to a Superintendent position.
He is only 34.

First let me say how proud I am of his accomplishment.
His past six years in Pine Bluff have been rough.
He has done a tremendous job.
As of now, he has gone 500+ days injury free.
This also has never happened before.

We have been waiting for news like this and let's just say that us city folk couldn't be happier to be moving to a big city.
(The 4th largest to be exact)

The girls were excited to hear the news.
Then Lily got  a little sad because at the age of almost 6, she knew this meant that she wasn't going to see her friends anymore.
I felt bad for her.
She must have sensed my weakness because then the negotiations came.

"I am not moving to Texas unless you buy me a horse."
This was the one time Joe's asthma was on our side.
"We can't have a horse at our house because daddy gets sick and can't breathe."

So we promised her cowgirl boots, a cowgirl hat and that we would go visit a horse.
Not sure if she bought it, but at least it bought me some time.
For now.

So here we go on our big adventure.
Goodbye Arkansas!  Howdy Texas!
Congratulations Joe!

1 comment:

  1. Haha..negotations at such a young age? whew you have your hands full! I am so excited for your pending move and we are ALL SO proud of Joe and his accomplishments! Cant wait to see you all in Texas! :)

    ReplyDelete