Monday, February 8, 2010

Birthday Blizzard

This is what we woke up to this morning...
We discovered that throughout the night it had snowed...
The fresh fallen snow made me excited...
However, Lily had a slightly different reaction.  When I told her to open the window outside she asked excitedly, "Why?  Is there a present for me out there?"  I told her to just go ahead and open the window.  When she did, her excitement turned to disappointment.  I'm sure thoughts of our last snowfall popped into her mind.  The snowfall that ended up postponing her birthday party.  Then she asked me, "Does this mean my birthday is going to be cancelled?"  I reassured her that the weather would not affect us celebrating her special day...
The snow continued to fall like this all day long.  It was actually a beautiful sight...
Sasha was even in awe of it and had to go check it out...
Crazy little puppy...
Once we were all bundled up, with our gloves on, it was time to play...
For Sophia, it was time for her to decide if she really wanted to be out in the cold...
Lily didn't hesitate to make her first snowball of the day...
and then throw it at me...
Sophia got caught taking her gloves off...
ATTACK OF THE SNOWBALLS!!!
Ooh look, a snowflake...
I wonder how it tastes...
Mmm, good enough to eat...
Want some Sissy??
Going back for more...

Today, on Lily's birthday, there was a record snowfall in Little Rock (7").  After getting past her initial shock, this snow made Lily especially happy.  A special surprise for a special girl.

But it got me wondering if maybe this was a gift sent from a special person above.  A person who wanted to also celebrate with Lily.  Maybe it was just Mother Nature, but I choose to believe that another person played a part in it.  Thanks grandma!  She loved her gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment