Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stage Fright

Yesterdays big dress rehearsal went very well.  The girls got up on that big stage and did the dance they had been practicing all season.  So I just knew today would also go well (or so I thought).  I even told Lily that once dancing is over, she can try soccer again.  Looking back, I realize that telling her that was a HUGE mistake.  But I am getting ahead of myself, so let me start with the basics.

Before every recital, I have allowed Lily to wear something I don't generally agree with for a four year old and now with Sophia dancing, I had to extend that promise to her as well.  
Lip gloss anyone...
Lily finally met the recital hair requirements and wore it in a bun...
One last ballerina pose...
and just a little bit more lip gloss...
Some pictures with friends...
Getting focused on the task before her...
and then a little bit more lip gloss...
It's time to go...

For those that have seen the video, you know how this ends.  For those who have not seen it, let me just say this, Lily froze and clung to Sophia for dear life.  Sophia tried to get away from her grasp and was successful in doing so about halfway through the dance.  In the end, neither danced.  

I guess it's time to hang up their tap shoes for a while.  Thank heavens for the rehearsal video from yesterday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment