Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sick Days

Some of you may have noticed that there has been a lack of blog posting recently.

The reason is very simple actually.
I have had to take a few sick days.

First Sophia got sick.
She had a fever, aches and a really yucky cough.
Lily thought she sounded like she was barking.
Then I came down with the aches, pains and fever myself.
Shortly after, Lily joined Sissy and I on this little sick trip we were on.

In order to keep Joe from getting sick, I kept the girls and cared for them as most of us Supermommy's tend to do.
We secluded ourselves in my bedroom and took turns coughing, sneezing and blowing our noses.
By day four of caring for two sick kids and myself, 
I couldn't do it anymore.

I called Joe in a panic and needed him to take care of the now healthier girls so this sick momma could get better.
After two days of sleeping and antibiotics for the flu,
I finally came back to the land of the living.
Thankfully the girls are now better and more importantly, Joe never got sick.

He was an incredible caretaker of me and the girls for those few LONG days.
No complaints, just tender loving care.
I appreciate him even more now.

Needless to say, a week of laying in bed doesn't generally produce very good pictures
or great photo opportunities.
But now that I am up and going again, I promise that there will be more pictures in the near future.
Because a healthy mommy is a happy mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment