Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas Photo Session

In lieu of paying someone to take the girl's pictures for our annual Christmas card, I figured I would give it a shot (no pun intended).
The girl's seemed to be camera ready this morning...
I tried to follow some tips from other photographers to make the most out of my mini shoot.
I found a good backdrop
(I actually used the roundabout in our housing development).
I made sure to take the pictures between 7-10 am, when the light is best.
8:30 seemed to be a good time for us.
I set up my two subjects and began clicking away...
I never normally have trouble getting cute pictures of my girls, but because I wanted them really bad, I couldn't get them to focus.
Sophia would look away...
But then she made up for it by giving me these shots...
They would do this when I told them to put their arms around each other.
(For the record, I love this shot of them, but wasn't sure if it was what I wanted on our cards)...
After asking Sophia to calm down, she got a little melancholy...
So I focused on a smiling Lily for a moment...
Then Sophia was all good and ready to finally give me the shot I was hoping for...
Which one will it be...
I guess you will just have to wait for our little card in the mail to find out.
Anyone interested in being added to our mailing list?

No comments:

Post a Comment