Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cussing Carpenters

Good help is hard to find.
CHEAP, Good help is especially hard to find.

So when I came across this quartet of workers in Texas I became pretty ecstatic.
They promised me they could get the work done in a timely manner.
As far as pay went, they preferred to be reimbursed with beer, diet soda and endless snacks.
Definitely do-able.

Shortly into their first work shift, when I set about having them install additional clothing rods in the closets, I quickly understood the saying:
"You get what you pay for."

Please don't misunderstand me.
The work was getting done.
But ear plugs were a must for this job.
The ear plugs weren't for the workers, but for me,
To tune out the workers.

My ears were bleeding from the constant shouts of:
S$%T
C*@P
DA!&*T
(and that was just from the small one.)

I guess that's to be expected when you hire a company with the name:
The Cussing Carpenters.

These four were indeed a rowdy bunch of potty mouths...
But at least the work got done.
Cheaply.

1 comment: