Saturday, June 30, 2012

Parade Float

We have only lived in our new community for a short time, but I can already tell I am going to love living here.
Why?
Because today they were having a parade to celebrate the Fourth of July.
Who was going to be in the parade?
Why our very own kids, that's who!

While the girls decorated their float (a.k.a their Barbie car), my mom and I made healthy, kid friendly desserts...
The memo asked every person participating to bring a festive dessert.
Apparently my mom and I were the only ones to receive the memo.
Always the overachievers...
Speaking of overachievers (I wonder who they get that from)
Check out the girl's float...
Although the neighbor girls originally had no plan of participating, their minds were quickly changed when they saw our girls working on their float...
The fire trucks led the parade...
With the Constable pulling up the rear...


Let the parade begin...
At the end of the parade, there was a grand prize.
I promise I was not aware there was going to be a prize.
But I was happy to know that my patriotic duo were the recipients of said prize.

Hooray for the red, white and blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment