Saturday, October 27, 2012

C-c-c-cold

This morning, I set about with good intentions.
But somewhere in between climbing into our cozy car and sitting at the blustery cold soccer field, all good intentions were lost.

This was to be the morning that I was going to capture soccer memories with my camera.
But the ice cold wind got the best of me and wouldn't allow my fingers to function.

Yes folks, that is correct.
It is COLD here in Houston, Texas.
This only picture I did manage to get before snuggling under the blanket pretty much says it all...
By the way, that's Lily on the far left.

Since I have no pictures to tell how the soccer day went, I guess I will have to use my words.

Lily is quickly becoming more aggressive.
She doesn't just stand back waiting for the ball to come to her.
She runs as fast as her little legs will carry her and gets right into the middle of things.
For a little girl with generally not an aggressive bone in her body, this makes her dad and I quite excited.

Sophia has no problem getting into the thick of things and going after the ball.
Her problem is that by the second half, she generally peters out.
Not today.
She played almost the entire game and scored her fifth goal of the season.
The moment she scored that goal is when I was really cursing my frozen hands.
If you could have just seen the pride on her face.

Oh well.
I am certain today's weather was just a fluke and we will all be back out in our shorts again next week.
I will be ready with camera in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment