Tuesday, October 30, 2012

LOVE

There are three words spoken by my children that I can never get enough of.
I
Love
You.
I am fortunate in that my children tell me these three words often.

Often times, Sophia will be sitting somewhere doing a task when she will just yell,
"Mama!"
"What Sophia?"
"I Lub You!"
"I love you too Sissy!"

Sophia's inability to correctly pronounce the word "love" has never taken away from the sweetness of her words.
She could tell me "I Lub You" over and over and it will still have the same impact as when Lily tells me "I love you."
Her speech impairment may sometimes get in the way of properly pronouncing a word, but the meaning and "lub" behind it is never lost on me.

Today, Sophia came out of speech therapy with her teacher.
Her teacher told me they were working on "v" and "s" sounds that fell in the middle of a word.
Mrs. Wilson asked Sophia to tell me what she learned.

To which Sophia turned to me and said:
"I Love You!"

And mommy loves you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment