Saturday, December 7, 2013

Magical First Birthday

Yesterday she turned one.
Today we celebrate this big milestone...
We wanted to keep it as a low key affair because as I have learned with my two older girls, babies tend to get overwhelmed.
We actually hung in our pajamas for most of the day...
Then Maddie got to open her very first birthday gift.
With a little prodding, she started to catch on to the tearing of the paper, but she refused to put her k-cup of coffee down...
It was almost time for this little soiree to begin, so I put Maddie in her birthday outfit...
The guests arrived.
Aside from my in laws and Joe's aunt and uncle, I only invited four other families.
However, the grand total of children was a staggering 12.
I knew they had to be entertained.
My original plan, because the weather had been a lovely 70 plus degrees, was to get a bounce house.
But the weather took a sharp turn and went from 73 one day, to 44 and rainy the day of Maddie's party.
Holy cow that stressed me out.
I knew that food would be a surefire way to distract them, so i started with that...
I knew food wouldn't keep them busy for long.
These kids needed real entertainment.
So we hired a magician...
The big kids loved it.
The little kids could really care less...
Maddie discovered something even better than magic...
Cantaloupe.
And she enjoyed every last bit...
From magic to cake...
Unlike her first experience with cake, this time she was a little more timid about digging in...
But once she got started, she got just the tiniest bit insulted when another set of little fingers decided to sample from her cake...
In a quick hour and a half, the guests were fed, had a magic show and ate cake.
They left and we opened Maddie's gifts...
She loved her princesses so much, she just had to smooch them...
I couldn't quite tell you who loved the toys more, Maddie or Lily and Sophia.
All I know is this was a very magical first birthday for my sweet baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment