Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dearest Grandma

Dearest Grandma,
I thought of you today. A lot. Granted I think of you every day, but today you crossed my mind quite often. Then I remembered what today was and I remembered exactly what it was I was doing two years ago today when I heard the news.

I remember it being later in the evening. I was taking some of the bigger afghans you made me and putting them in a bin to keep them safe while I pulled out the smaller baby blankets you had made because our little Sophia would be making an appearance soon. While standing on a chair pulling the last of the big afghans down, the phone rang. I knew immediately what the call was about. My worst fears were realized when I heard my dad say, "Carrie, your grandma is gone." Although we were all expecting it, I still wasn't prepared. I'm sure I would have never been prepared.


Two years ago today I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news and I know that twenty, thirty, even fifty years from now I will still remember.


I remember all of the great memories you left me with. All of the love you gave me. Most importantly, I remember you.

Dearest Grandma, I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment