Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Walk This Way





After much hemming and hawing, and with a little push from my friend, Marissa, I have decided to do the two-day Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.  I will walk a total of 39.3 miles in two days, with the help of my mom and two cousins.  I am walking for a cause I truly believe in, but more importantly, I am walking in the memory of my grandmother.  I could not imagine walking these two days in San Francisco with anyone else besides my mom and my cousins.  I think this walk will help us, certainly me, mend our broken hearts and fill the emptiness that the death of my grandma caused.  I am not sure what emotion I will feel as I cross the Golden Gate Bridge or as I walk into Sausalito and along the ocean, but I know that as I am writing this I feel:


Happy
 So happy to be part of something that is so much bigger than any of us as individuals

Pride
So proud of the fact that I found a cause I believe in and now I am trying to make a difference.  So proud of my mom for taking all of the necessary steps to allow her to walk beside me.

Committed
 To training to walk this long distance, a distance I have never walked in a two day span

Hopeful
 So hopeful to think that what we will be doing on this day will prevent us from having to do this in the future



No comments:

Post a Comment