Saturday, July 10, 2010

In It To End It

The day that I have trained so hard for was finally upon me...
I knew that this day was going to be filled with so many emotions because there were so many reasons we all had for doing this... 
and nothing felt greater than having the opportunity of doing this walk with these three incredible women...
I was especially proud to have my mom by my side during this time because I knew that this wasn't "just a walk" for her either...
We all made our way to this structure where the people who have walked before us had signed their names and dedicated their walks to their loved ones...
We all dedicated ours to one very special lady... 
Being surrounded by all of these people who were for the same cause was a remarkable feeling...
and once we found out how much the San Francisco walkers raised for this cause...
I knew the feeling was remarkable because these people that surrounded us were all pretty remarkable as well...
The beauty of what we were doing was also shown in the beautiful surroundings...
This walk also allowed me a chance to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge not just once, but twice...
and into Sausalito...
where the views were breathtaking...
There were many sights we saw along the way, but none was as sweet as this one...
We did it!  26.2 miles (maybe more) and every one of us did it!  We worked hard, pushed through the pain and never gave up.  I am so proud of the four of us for our determination and strength.  Grandma would be so proud of us!  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment