Thursday, December 30, 2010

Three

Three years ago I walked into Baptist Hospital and told them I was ready to have a baby.  Little did I know that nothing I would do would truly prepare me for the arrival of my Sissy.  

Throughout my entire pregnancy, Sophia never gave me a dull moment.

During my first trimester, she gave me heart burn and indigestion so bad that I thought I was having a heart attack.  I even went to the emergency room because of it.  I was sure that I was going to be hospitalized for the pain and was really embarrassed when I was just sent home and told to invest in some Mylanta.

It was pretty much smooth sailing in my second trimester, with the exception of the occasional headache.

By my third trimester, I could no longer sleep because all extremities would go numb.  I even had the pleasure of having gestational diabetes.  During Thanksgiving and Christmas nonetheless.  Someone was playing a pretty cruel joke on me.  And I won't even go into all of the issues that arose after my delivery.

So when I walked into that hospital on December 30, 2007.  I was ready.  That day I was given my sweet little girl with the REALLY long toes.

Three years later, there is still never a dull moment with Sophia around.  Although I can now sleep most of the night and no longer have the diabetes, I still find myself getting the occasional headache from some of her antics.   And now when I get that feeling in my chest, I no longer run to the emergency room thinking I am having a heart attack, but rather I know that my heart is simply expanding to fit all of the love I have for this special little girl of mine.

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY to my sweet, spunky, silly little Sophia.  I love you more than I could ever possibly express to you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment