Monday, August 13, 2012

Meet the Teacher

Tonight was Sophia's night to meet her new teacher.
We bagged up all of her school supplies and drove the mile and a half down the road.
I am not sure who was looking forward to this evening more, me or Sophia.
Her teacher had sent out a scavenger hunt ahead of time to help the kiddos get acquainted with their new surroundings.
I thought this was a wonderful idea and really loved the fact that her teacher was organized enough to send it to us before tonight.
There is nothing I love more than an organized person, especially an organized person who will be my daughter's teacher.

Nights like tonight tend to be on the hectic side.
There are usually so many new kids and parents to meet that it can be overwhelming for both the kids and teacher.
But if tonight was any indication of how Mrs. Gibson was as a teacher, I would say that Sophia is in very capable hands.
Mrs. Gibson was very cool, calm and collected.
It took no time for Sophia to warm up to her...
I get the feeling this is going to be a great year!

1 comment: