Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Guilt

I have been feeling a little bad lately.  I love all of the homeschooling I am doing with the girls, but it is apparent that something is missing.  They sit with me and we read books, do crafts, practice our letters and sing songs.  I can tell it's enough for Sophia because half way through she will grab her pillow and go rest. Lily is doing really well with me, but I feel like she needs more.  I know that she needs more.  Lily is a very social person.  She likes playing with other kids.  Her friends are off at school during the day and it is way too hot to do anything outside.  So Lily spends a lot of time with me and Sophia.  
When I ask her if she misses going to school, she tells me "yes".  I ask her what she misses the most and she tells me that she misses playing with her friends on the playground.  I remember that always being the topic of discussion when I would pick her up from Miss Selma's.  I would ask how her day went and her response always centered around whether or not they got to go outside on the playground.  
I expressed my concern to Joe and we both decided that this little social butterfly of ours needs to be around other kids.  She is where she needs to be prior to entering kindergarten academically, so it wasn't that.  I just know that this is a girl that needs her friends.
I wish it wasn't Saturday because I am very eager to call her school to see if there are still openings.  If not, I will be slightly devastated.  Cross your fingers for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment