Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dirty Talk

Because we had a lot going on today and
Because my girls had stinky tootsies
I brought them in the shower with me.

This isn't something I typically do.
About five minutes into it, I was reminded why.

After a few minutes of playing, Lily started a very interesting conversation.

L: It's okay to go pee in the shower.
Me: Well, you really should go before you get into the shower.
L: But if you really have to go, you can.
S: But no poop!
Me: That's right Sophia.  You just can't go poop.
L: So it's okay to go pee then, right?
Me: I just don't like the idea of stepping in someone's pee pee.
L: Then you may want to move out of the way.

Once rinsed, feet included, we were toweling off.
Lily started poking my back.
I asked her to please stop.
To which she replied:

L: But look, it's squishy.  Mommy, did you know it's squishy?  Why is it squishy?

Thanks for the confidence booster Lil.
And thanks for the reminder of why I give you baths!

No comments:

Post a Comment