Thursday, June 6, 2013

6 Months

Today is your half birthday.
Really, six months already?
I know someone who is happy about that...
Who am I kidding?
Nowadays you are always happy.
This sweet smile rarely leaves your face.
That makes us all happy.

Maybe you are so happy because this month you started eating food.
Real food.
Well, real food that has been pureed into mush.
But you don't care, you like it.
All of it.
Although I think butternut squash is your favorite so far.
But you even like the peas and green beans.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will be my good eater.
Because let's face it, you still aren't a very good sleeper.
But we are somehow getting by.
Seeing that smile every morning sure helps.

Your personality is really starting to emerge.
You smile all the time and give us big belly laughs more frequently now.
However, when people try to talk to you, you get really shy, smile and then bury your head into my chest.
Then you quickly look back to see if they are still there and give another big smile.
Just like with your sisters, people are drawn to you.
They always comment on your eyes.
There's a sparkle in them that even strangers can see.

You have become quite the roly poly pro.
Mostly from your stomach to your back.
I can tell you like this new found ability.
We have tried to get you sitting, but all you do is flop back.
And laugh.
You think this is so funny.
We just have to extra careful.
Because of this, we have nicknamed you "The Flopper".
Hopefully you outgrow this dangerous habit or else we are going to have to buy a helmet for you.

Your hand-eye coordination is spectacular.
I am not sure if I should be proud or worried that you can pick up and put your binkie in your mouth by yourself.
Either way, I am impressed.

This month you have shown us so much.
I can't wait to see what month seven brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment