Sunday, May 9, 2010

Overabundance

After waking at 9 a.m. this morning, I was greeted by the two girls that made this day my day to celebrate.  They were eager to shower me with gifts and Lily was thrilled that she finally got to give me my surprise after keeping it a secret for the past week (months in toddler time).

The girls gave me many gifts to show their love for me.  There was an overabundance of mementos...

By far the most special gift I received...
I was treated to my favorite restaurant, P.F. Chang's, where there was an overabundance of food...
I was given hugs and kisses from my girls all day long.  Not an overabundance of them, but just enough because there can never be too many hugs and kisses from your children...
Today I was shown an overabundance of love from my girls and my husband, but aside from the gifts, today wasn't  really any different than other days.  Being a mom is the best thing that could ever happen to me.  I never knew my heart could be filled with so much love.  Although today is called "Mother's Day", every day is a day worth celebrating and the only two gifts I will ever need, I already have.  I love you and am so grateful to be your mommy!

In the words of Lily,
"HAPPY MUTTERS DAY!!!"






No comments:

Post a Comment