Monday, May 10, 2010

What's the Diagnosis?

This morning my two baby toes were introduced to the foot of my ottoman in a most uncomfortable way.  After holding back the scream in my throat and the nausea in my stomach, I sat down to inspect the toes and found that the swelling was at a minimum.  I knew that regardless if my toe was broken or just bruised, there is not much that can be done for it.  Still, with this 2 day walk coming up, I wanted to double check and get a doctor's opinion.  Of course what I got was more than that.


I took the girls with me because Joe was still at work.  Lily kept checking on me to see how my toes were because Lily insisted that, "I am the mommy today."  Apparently mommy wasn't the only role she was playing.  While in the waiting room, she took one look at my toe and diagnosed me with having
BROKEN TOE-ITIS

After an x-ray, the real doctor ruled out any fractures.  Thank goodness!

On the way home, Dr. Lily informed me that since my x-ray showed nothing was broken, then it could not be BROKEN TOE-ITIS.

Her final diagnosis: 
 "In fact mommy, what you have is BRUISED TOE-ITIS."

Thank you Dr. Lily!  Please bill my insurance company for payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment