Friday, November 12, 2010

Dear Grandma

Dearest Grandma,

Another year has come and gone and it's so hard for me to fathom that it's been three years ago today that you passed.  Just like every year since your passing, this one has been super busy and seems to just fly by.  The girls are getting bigger and Joe is still working hard.  

Lily is still the beautiful, endearing little girl you knew and loved so very much.
She is in school and loving it.  Being surrounded by people is where she belongs.
She is quite the social butterfly, just like someone else I knew.
She has turned into an independent girl and is growing way too fast for my liking.
Lily's teacher told me that she is the most compassionate person in her class.  She is the first to console a child that is hurt or upset and that warms my heart and lets me know that I am doing something right.

Sophia, my baby, is also growing and becoming very independent.
Even though you never got to personally meet her, I know you would have truly gotten a kick out of her.
She has enough sass for an entire city and wants what she wants when she wants it.
She never backs down and I know that when I look at her, I am looking at a little girl who will one day be a very strong woman.  Also like someone I knew.
Even with all of her sass and stubbornness, she makes me smile like no other and fills my heart with so much love.  I just wish you could have met her.

Joe has held very strong to the promise he made to you.
Not a day goes by that I do not feel taken care of by him.
He goes to work day in and day out working harder than anyone I have ever known.
I just hope he gets noticed for it soon.

This past week I got to spend some time with my mom.  She came to visit us in Arkansas.
However, I don't think she was the only one to come visit us.
We went to Dallas, but you knew that.
We played outside, but you knew that.
We built a flower bed, but you knew that as well.
This past week your presence has been noticed all around us.  We all saw you flitting by to come check on things.  

I know me filling you in on the goings on of our family is not necessary.  I know you are seeing the girls get bigger and Joe working hard.  You saw my mom.  You see me.  I just wish I could see you. 

I miss you and love you always!
Carrie  

No comments:

Post a Comment