Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Five

Today you are FIVE.
That makes me both happy and a little sad.

I am happy because you are becoming such a big girl.
You are forming your own opinions about things.
You are finding your likes and dislikes.

You are becoming more and more independent.
You dress and undress yourself.
You are just steps away from reading on your own.

All of these things make me proud of you.
It is what we have raised you to become.
So I am happy.  

I just wish it would slow down a little bit.

I want you to stay little enough for me to carry.
I want you to continue to hold my hand as we cross the street.
Most of all, I want you to keep all of your innocence.
It is remarkable to me how sweet and caring you are and I don't want this big world to change that.

I know I can't forever keep you nestled safely in my arms, but that doesn't mean I am not going to try.
Five years ago today you changed my life.
You gave me the best, most important title in the world..
MOM.
Keep growing as you are and becoming who you are because every day you make me 
PROUD.

Happy Birthday dear Lily!

I love you so much!
You make me smile.
You fill my heart.
I am so glad you chose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment