Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Long Time Coming

Today my little girls were allowed to let their inner country girl run free.
They ran around on a five acre lot picking tomatoes and then threw them at the nearest victim.
They climbed into the waterless pond picking up chunks of dirt and broke them apart in their tiny hands
They hiked up their frilly tutu dresses and climbed atop a tractor...
Alongside my tiny country gals, were their not so small cousin...
The "ranch" the girls ran free on wasn't just any ranch, it was my brother's house.
This was my first time seeing it.
I'm glad I got the opportunity to do so because capturing moments like this are so important...
Even if these moments surface over the discovery of dead snakes...
and lawn mower rides...
Because we all know time simply goes by too fast to be mad.
As is evidenced by my nearly grown nephew...
My brother and I haven't had moments like these for a while.
Often times, after feelings have been hurt, we don't know what to say to our loved ones.
Sometimes letting go of the past and moving forward is the best option.
Maybe it's our only option.
Today I believe we took our first step forward.
However small this step may have been, at least it seemed to be a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment