Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You Want to Be What?

Halloween kicks off my favorite time of the year.
October is my favorite month.
Fall is by far my most favorite season.

Of all the holidays, I think that Halloween also ranks right up there as a favorite of the girls.
So much so that they already know what they want to dress up as.

Lily saw this costume a month or so ago and knew immediately that this is what she was meant to be for  Halloween.
An Under the Sea Fairy...

Sophia, on the other hand wanted to be something a little surprising to me.
She is typically the one that wants to be dressed the fanciest way possible.
She gets upset if you put her in anything other than a dress.
In her eyes, the only clothing better than a dress is a sparkly dress.
So you will understand how I was a little taken aback when she told me that this is the costume she wanted...
Really?
On the day that you can be anything from a magical fairy to a princess, she chooses to be a black spider.
I should know that when it comes to Sophia, you should always expect the unexpected.
She's a child that has her own mind (which I love) and when she makes her mind up, there is no changing it.

So on the 31st of October, my girls will live out their childhood fantasies by being a magical sea fairy and a spider.
I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment