Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baby 3: Boy or Girl?

This morning was spent with the girls making signs.
I had an idea of how I wanted to announce baby #3's gender, but I needed Lily and Sophia's help.

So each girl got to color two signs.
One was for them and the other was for either their "little brother" or "little sister".
Sophia opted to color the "Little Sister" sign, while Lily chose to color the "Little Brother" sign.

Three o'clock couldn't come fast enough for us.
Joe met us at the doctor's office, where the big reveal was set to take place.
The ultrasound tech asked us what we thought our little one was going to be.
Given the differences between this pregnancy and my other two, I was 99.9% sure it was a boy.
I have craved nothing but meat and potatoes this time around.
Unlike with the girl's where I craved ice cream and sweets.

Lily and Sophia were also thinking boy.
But what they kept telling people when asked was,
"It doesn't matter if it's a girl or a boy.  We just want a healthy baby."
Truer words were never spoken.

Joe was the only one convinced that he was destined to have all girls.

After 15 minutes of baby being stubborn (i.e. ankles crossed, flipped over with back to camera, etc), we finally got our big reveal...
Joe was right.
The balance of estrogen to testosterone got even greater.
Poor Joe doesn't stand a chance.
But he is excited.
Just as my two "Big Sisters" are excited to meet their "Little Sister".

Take your time little one!
Just know that we can't wait to meet you,
Our little Madelon Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment