Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tennis Anyone?

Watch out Maria and Venus, there's a new player on the block.

Unfortunately, this couldn't be further from the truth, but I did, however, take my first tennis lesson yesterday. Why tennis? I have actually always wanted to try tennis. After playing team sports my entire life (softball, soccer and that really horrible attempt at basketball), I thought that tennis would be something I could enjoy by myself or with friends.

Going into my first lesson, I must say that I thought all of the years of playing softball would actually help me. Boy was I wrong! Everything you do to hit a softball is the complete opposite of what you should do to hit a tennis ball. For the first time in my life, I hit multiple home runs in one game. Unfortunately, it was tennis I was playing and not softball, so homeruns don't actually count. Oh well, I guess that's why they call them lessons. Monday I will try my hand at tennis yet again and I just hope to enjoy it as much then as I did yesterday.

By the way, when can I start wearing those cute little tennis skirts??

1 comment:

  1. OMG...you should try golfing...it is the same thing. I thought that soccer and softball would help me but NOOOOOO that couldn't be further from the truth..I have had to retrain my body and mind to work a new way...the golf way and let me tell you...it is hard. BUT it is worth it when I get to play with my husband and family. Good luck with tennis!

    ReplyDelete