Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Happiest Christmas Tree

After many months of practice, it is time for the Little Rock School of Dance Christmas recital. This would be Sophia's first ever recital...
and she would be dancing alongside some of her closest friends, Olive and Elle...
and of course with her sister, Lily, who is very experienced with the whole recital thing (five and counting). Notice how at ease she is?
Once Sophia wakes up, I'm sure she will do equally as well..
as long as she remembers to keep all parts of her costume on...
Before the recital was set to start, the girls huddled together...
and did what normal two and three year-olds do, talk and giggle...
Jen had to stay behind with Elle Belle to make sure she would make it onstage for her big debut...
One last picture before the big dance. Break a leg girls!
Once the recital is finished, we go backstage to congratulate our tiny tappers. Joe and I even brought all the girls a pint sized bouquet of flowers...
This was done after A LOT of prompting by Lily, but they truly deserved them...
Some family pictures...
Now we better get these kids fed. It's a lot of hard work to get up on that stage and dance.

Please enjoy their performance...
Did you notice how once Lily reassured Sophia that it was OK, that she began dancing. Such a great big sister!

One last note, after the dance with flowers in hand, Lily looks at me and says, "Maybe when I am all done with my flowers, then I will give them to great grandma because I know that will make her happy."

The thought certainly made me happy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh they are so adorable - I loved the video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love the pics..in addition to the video of coarse...Lily is totally a natural...I see lots of dance in her future..I am going to start her fan club :) Sophia is getting there too..haha binky in and all! I loved the flowers idea...such a treat. Oh and Lily's comment..well you know..made me cry, no surprise...but she is right..the flowers would make grandma happy and would touch her heart the way that Lily touches ours so often. Love you girls..I am your biggest fan!

    ReplyDelete