Sunday, June 26, 2011

Deerfield's-It's What's for Breakfast

I am a little envious.
Staying at Tom and Rachael's "hotel" has spoiled me a bit.
It's also made me a little jealous.
Their "hotel" is in a prime location.
It is surrounded by a park, store, library, restaurants and more.
And it is all within walking distance.
I have always wanted to live somewhere where our two capable feet can get us from here to there.
For now I will have to appreciate that this vacation allows for that.

This morning we made our way to the local bakery, Deerfields...

Everyone tagged along...
Including Sasha...
The morning was glorious, so we stopped to take in all of the sights...
No sight was nearly as lovely as these.  Mmm, Red Velvet donuts...
Instead of opting for a donut, Sophia chose a cookie.
I was opposed at first until my mom pointed out that there really isn't much difference between a donut and cookie.
Touche.
Eat up Sissy...
Lily did not disappoint and chose a chocolate donut...
Full from her breakfast cookie, Sophia turned her attention to pine cones.
She stopped every half step to pick up a new one...
To avoid having a potential pine cone hoarder on my hands, I distracted her with the park...
I wish every morning was like this one.

1 comment:

  1. It is no surprise that Sophia had Sasha on the leash...she is definitely an animal lover. Greta misses little Sophia too :) and is saving kisses for her.

    ReplyDelete