Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Only A Matter of Time

I had a feeling that this day would come.
It was only a matter of time.
Even with me knowing the day would come, I still was not prepared.

It didn't involve any weird substances like Vaseline.
In this case, Vaseline wasn't needed to slick anything down.

It didn't happen on the morning of a wedding.
A wedding that a small child was walking in.

The way it happened was quite simple.
It involved a five year old wielding a pair of children's craft scissors.
While a three year old child not so innocently stood by and allowed said five year old to work her magic...

Yeah, I knew this day would come...
But did Lily really have to cut off the part of Sophia's hair that we like to call the "flip"?

I guess it could have been worse.
It could have involved Vaseline, like in my case.
Or it could have been on the day they were supposed to walk in a wedding, like in Joe's case.

Luckily hair grows back.
And so the "flip" will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment