Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Little Pre-Game

Being a tomboy growing up, I remember sitting and watching baseball and football games with my dad.
Watching the games on television was always fun and exciting.
But nothing beats watching these athletes live.

So today I pass on this tradition to my girls.
Baseball is an American pastime after all.
I just wanted to make sure my girls were dressed to root for the appropriate team... 
A little family tradition being passed on...
Two years ago when we were in Chicago, we saw a Cubs game at Wrigley.
We rode the train to Wrigley then, and in keeping with tradition, we rode it again today...
One of the classic ballparks of all time...
Whenever my dad and I would attend a game, it was always tradition to get to the game early to experience the pre-game festivities.
Today we arrived early enough to stop and eat lunch at a famous Chicago venue...
Lucky's is sure to be a go to spot next time we are in town for a game...
Joe stuck with a tradition he knows all too well...
Overeating...
I carry on traditions that made me happy as a child in the hopes that it does the same for my girls...
It's these traditions that make for the lasting childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment