Thursday, June 16, 2011

One for the Record Books

We see record breaking events everywhere.
Most of them are positive.
For instance:
World's Fastest Man
World's Tallest Man
World's Oldest Person
World's Largest Pumpkin (I had to throw that in because this hot summer makes me desperately wish for Fall)

Around our house, our records are also positive, but more in a child sense.
We try to set records for the following:
Most consecutive days without spills (i.e. water, milk, orange juice)
Most consecutive days without wetting the bed
Most consecutive hours without whining (notice I didn't mention days?  We aren't quite there yet)

So on our last trip to Chicago in April, I told you the story of Lily having to stop to use the restroom just outside of Little Rock.
I knew it had to be some sort of record to stop a mere 15 minutes away from your home.
It surely was a record setting time that would last.

Right?

Wrong!

On this most recent trip to Chicago, I made the girls use the restroom before leaving the house.
Lily went twice.
But somehow she still made the request to stop about 8 minutes from the house.
Since the nearest stop was either back at our house or at the rest stop from April, we made her hold it an additional 7 minutes.

I guess it's true what they say,
Records are Made to be Broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment