Monday, August 15, 2011

The Afternoon Pickup

2:45 p.m. could not get here fast enough.
After my crying fit this morning, I had collected myself together.
Now I sat watching the clock.
I was eager to hear how the first day of school went.

To my utter joy, when the room doors opened up, I still had two very happy, smiling girls.

Lily and Sophia found each other quickly...
The girls appeared to be tired.
I don't blame them.
Seven hours is a long time.
However, they were not too tired to chat between themselves about how their days went...
Lily excitedly informed me that she saw Sophia during lunch.
She also told me about the rest of her day.
They read a book called "The Kissing Hand."
They drew a picture of their own hand and she drew the people that made her feel safe and happy.
(When I got a chance to look at the picture at home, I noticed she had drawn me, Joe, Sophia, Sasha and herself).
They did not do any centers today.
They watched Veggie Tales during rest time and played on the playground twice.

Sophia filled me in on her day as well.
"We took a nap.
We played outside two times.
We ate lunch.
We read a book."

Sitting in the car as the two girls told me about their first day was by far the best part of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment