Thursday, August 25, 2011

Unrealistic Expectations

In just a few hours, I would be boarding a plane by myself for the first time in 5+ years.
I will be traveling to celebrate my cousin Tami's single status one last time.
Where was I going?
Vegas Baby!

Before leaving for the weekend, I had to break the news to the girls.
They both seemed to take it well at first.
Lily even made me a picture to put next to my bed so that "I wouldn't forget my family."

As the time got closer, there were a few tears.
Mostly from Lily.
I didn't want meltdown city before my trip, so I told them that I had to go so that I could find them something special to bring back.
Lily perked up at this tiny bit of bribery.

Her request went like this:
"I want a doll with red hair, but I don't want her hair to be in a braid like Jessie's.  I just want her to have red hair."
A doll with red hair seemed simple enough.

Sophia's request was just a little different and, maybe I was wrong, but a little more difficult:
"I want a dolly, too.  No, never mind.  I want a pig...and when you press it's tummy, it goes 'Quack Quack'"

Uh, ok.

If I was going to be lucky enough to find a pig that quacks, I better play every high dollar slot in Vegas because I would be one lucky girl.

Once I arrived in Vegas, I set aside thoughts of searching for a red-headed doll and the true Holy Grail (a quacking pig).

Instead, I did what I thought was most important...
I set her picture by my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment