Saturday, April 2, 2011

Giving You the Bird

After five years, a child's room needs to be rethought.
It also may need to be redone.
Such is the case for Lily and Sophia's room.

A couple months ago, the room looked like this...
It wasn't too bad, but I felt it needed something more.
We kept the painted stripes and pink walls, but as you will see, we changed some major components out.

Here you will see that we moved the dog picture and updated the bedding...
Over the girl's bed, I added this Dr. Seuss saying.
I felt that for two little girls, it was appropriate...

Before they had Target clearance bedding...

Now they have Pottery Barn Kids bedding to keep them warm at night...
 I couldn't resist the birdie pillows along with the three polka dot pillows made by my mom...
This was the first curtain my mom made to match Lily's baby bedding...

For their new big girl room, they got lovely polka dots.
Also made by my mom...
Before the change, their room had carpet...
The floors are now wood and they are protected by this fun rug...

More big girl accessories...
These were their shelves before the redo.
They were a cluttered mess...
And now...
 I had to keep with the bird theme and paint them birdhouses...
As I mentioned before, the girls share a room.
So a sign dedicated to only Lily didn't seem right...
So we removed it and had these made instead...
 Finally, this is how the fourth wall looked before...
And after...
I know there were a lot of pictures, but there were also a lot of changes made.
I love them all.
Best of all, the girls do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment