Thursday, April 21, 2011

Location Please

Our trip to Chicago began at 2:30 this afternoon.
The car had been packed since 11:00
Like I said, we were eager.

I made sure we all went to the bathroom before leaving because I was hoping to not make a stop until about two hours later.

I got in the driver's seat.
The girls climbed into their seats surrounded by dolls and food all in hopes of keeping them busy.
Joe set the timer on his watch.

We had been driving on the freeway when I Lily asked,
"Mommy, what state are we in?"

Me: "We are still in Arkansas.  I told you it was going to be a long ride."

Lily: "When will we be in another state?"

Me: "We have only been driving for about 15 minutes."

Joe looks at his watch and says, "Twelve and a half minutes to be exact."

Lily: "Well I need to go potty."

I was afraid this was going to be a long trip.
Luckily, this early stop was not an indicator as to how the rest of the drive would be.
Sophia fell asleep shortly after.
Lily had a slight breakdown outside of Memphis and said she wanted to go back home.
But then she fell asleep.
Four and a half hours later, we made our second stop.

The girls proved to be incredible little travelers.
We didn't make it all the way into Chicago, but we knew we wouldn't.
We stopped at a hotel, which the girls were super excited about.
They went to the lobby in the morning dressed in their nightgowns to eat breakfast.
Once done, it took us 2 more hours to get to Schaumburg.
We were tired but so happy to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment