Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Day of Rest

I LOVE SUNDAYS!!!

There is something about this day of the week that I look so forward to. It's as if there is an unspoken permission that each of us get to just laze about. We sleep in later, eat yummy breakfasts, and can stay in our pajamas all day if that's what we desire. More important than anything, is the quality time we seem to spend with our family on these Sundays.

On this particular Sunday morning, the girls allowed me to sleep in until 7:30 a.m., which is a change from the normal 7:00 a.m. wake-up call. After we left our cozy bed, we left the room and I locked the door behind us so that Joe could truly enjoy sleeping in. Lily wanted to make blueberry muffins for "Daddy" and then planned on bringing them to him and singing him the "Wake-up Song."

So that's what we did!



Lily pouring the mix into the bowl (and yes, it is from a box! I told you it was a day of rest.)




Carefully pouring in the milk




Sophia waiting to TASTE it, I mean STIR it




Mixing it up!




My personal taste testers!



Waking up daddy had never been more fun...or delicious! Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this blog and keeping us so close, even when we are so far away! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% with what your Mom said...I feel like I am watching them grow everyday without being there. I can almost smell the muffins and hear the giggling...it truly is a wonderful Sunday with family! Love, Tam Tam

    ReplyDelete