Friday, August 7, 2009

The Windy City

A little over a month ago, we returned from our trip to Chicago. It was a trip we planned the last time we were there, two years before. I am not sure what it is I love so much about this great city that makes me want to go back so often. I did, after all, grow up just a short drive from another big city, San Francisco. But for those who have been to San Francisco, you know that there is great shopping and food, but it also seems a lot dirtier to me than Chicago. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy visiting SF and the Pier because nobody makes a better clam chowder in a bread bowl. Still, in the four times I have been to Chicago, the fact that this BIG city is so clean still amazes me.


I strongly believe that EVERYONE needs to visit Chicago at least once in their lifetime. To be honest, I am not sure I would have ever gone had I not known Joe. I guess that's just one more reason to be thankful that he came into my life! There is so much to do and eat here that the week we spent there still wasn't nearly enough time to do everything. Trust me, go check it out for yourself. You will love it and we would be more than happy to go back and show you the sights!

Wrigley Field (every true baseball fan needs to go to a game here)


Navy Pier


Chicago Skyline (some of it at least)

Each day in Chicago was wonderful and I can't wait to relive those days and post the pictures that we took!


No comments:

Post a Comment