Monday, August 31, 2009

Slightly Jaded

In my quest to paint all of the rooms in our house, I have finally finished room number four, the half bathroom.
Before we painted, it was a nice cocoa color

But I found it to be a bit boring

We brightened it up with "Pale Jade"




Although I am happy with the end result, let's just say that I learned a few things from painting this bathroom that I would like to share with you.


#1. Never, and I mean NEVER, paint a room yellow that has zero natural light coming in (i.e. windows). Yellow was our initial choice for this room. We quickly found out how big of a mistake that was.

#2. Just because it's a "small" space does not mean it is going to be easier to paint. Small = tight space and no room for a ladder.

#3. Finally, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." This room is rarely used and could have been left alone, but my mission got the best of me.

1 comment: