Sunday, August 16, 2009

Guacamome

Mexican food is always good, but when your favorite Mexican food place tells you that children eat free on Sundays, it always seems that much better.
So here it is, Sunday night and what's for dinner? You guessed it!
Mexican food!
I ordered my typical chicken tacos and Joe ordered carnitas. Before our food came, we were brought chips and salsa. Joe's carnitas came with a side of guacamole that was brought out before his dinner.
That's when the girls became curious.
"What is that?" Lily asked.
Joe tells her, "It's guacamole."
"Oh, guacamome. I like guacamome!"
So I tell the girls to grab a chip and have some because we all know Joe does NOT eat anything green.


The girls dig in

They taste it...
Lily tries to put a smile on her face, but you can tell she does not like it. Finally, she spits it into her napkin and takes a big gulp of water.


Meanwhile, Sophia still isn't sure if she likes it or not.


She takes another bite, swishes it around and...



She LIKES it!!

I have to give these girls credit, at least they tried it. Especially Lily, who is by far the pickiest eater of the two.
I guess there is still hope for Lily though. After trying the guacamome and deciding it was not for her, Lily looked at Joe and said
"I did not like that guacamome! Maybe when I am a big boy like you, then I will like it."


Maybe there isn't hope after all!

1 comment: