Friday, October 23, 2009

Parents Night Out

We all need a night out every once in a while, so when our friends at Gymboree told us they were going to be doing a Halloween themed evening for the little ones, while the parents went out, we jumped at the chance. I am always a little bit nervous when leaving Sophia with anyone because I never know how she will react, but because we are always there, I thought she would be okay.
So we put the girls in their costumes and off we went...
Lily wanted to be "Flapper Girl"...
Sophia was just happy to be in something she could run wild in...
When we got there, a professional photographer was already taking pictures...


Once pictures were taken, Joe and I snuck out and got ready to go on our double date with...
Dr. and Mrs. Deschamps (a.k.a. Jen and Dave)...
We were all very excited for our night together and had every plan to make it very adult (i.e No Larry's Pizza, no kid's movies). So we headed to Bonefish Grill for dinner. The only problem was, it was a Friday night and the wait was already way too long. So we decided to got to Johnny Carino's. Not fancy, but it would do. Once Joe, Dave and I finished our dinners (poor Jen got hers 20 minutes later), we went to the movie theater. I was so excited to see "Couples Retreat", which was another movie that you wouldn't want to take your kids to. Unfortunately, when we got there, the movie was sold out. I didn't even know that happened anymore. We weren't sure where to go from there, until Joe suggested...
BOWLING!!!!



Although our evening didn't go quite as expected, I got the chance to spend some quality time with my husband and our friends. I am happy to say the girls also did well.

1 comment:

  1. How cute! I love the flapper costume! I am glad you had a chance for adult time. Couples retreat is hilarious!! Maybe next time... Love Tam Tam

    ReplyDelete