Sunday, September 27, 2009

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall

Fall is by far my favorite time of the year. I love the cool, crisp air that greets you in the morning. I love the beauty of the changing leaves. I love that you can eat almost anything with pumpkin, like pumpkin bread and pumpkin pies. I love that even if you don't like the taste of pumpkin, you can just set one on your porch if you want.
We also really love decorating for fall...
and, of course, for the famous Fall holiday, Halloween...












What I love most about fall is that it reminds me of family. The cool air makes me want to snuggle up even closer with my girls and husband. It makes me want to run around outside and neatly pile up the fallen leaves and then show the girls how to throw them in the air and then do it all over again. It reminds me that Halloween is just around the corner and I love the thrill that the kids get when they dress-up and go trick or treating. I know that Thanksgiving will be here soon and I can give thanks for all of the wonderful things that life has brought me, like a loving family, faithful friends, and good health.
So fall, I welcome you and look forward to the many memories you are going to create!

1 comment:

  1. Fall is my favorite time of year too and I am soooooo happy that it is here. I love watching the leaves turn colors and crisp air early in the morning. I love the decorating you have done to the house and I am so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete