Monday, September 21, 2009

Grass Kickers

Lily's six-week Grass Kicker soccer program started this week and I was so happy that my mom could be there to see Lily's first practice. My mom got her camera out and was ready to take pictures. As Lily came around the corner, my mom said her heart stopped for a moment and she went back in time to when I was three-years old. I guess there was a little resemblance of me...
Once Lily spotted the fields, she took off for them.
Sophia, on the other hand, took her time getting to the field because she was quite intrigued by her shadow...


Once to the field, Lily couldn't get her cleats on fast enough...
So Joe had to help...



We were twenty minutes early, so we let Lily go out and kick her ball...





Then we asked her to sit down and rest so that she wouldn't get tired out. That made her kind of sad...
Once all of the kids were there, it was time to begin. So Lily listened intently to her coach...
and did every drill he asked her to do, like throwing the ball in the air and catching it...
and moving it around her back...

and weaving it between her legs.

Then she got a chance to use the skills she had learned...

She even learned how to do a scissor kick...





She had so much fun and that smile never left her face. I believe Lily found the sport that she was meant to play. I can't wait to watch her next week!

2 comments:

  1. I love Lily's hair like that...she looks adorable! Sophia is cracking me up with her shadow. :) Love, Tam Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! She looks so adorable and OMG so much like you when you were young....it is amazing to see both of them grow and how they are changing! I am so happy to hear that she loves her dance class but loves to play soccer too!

    ReplyDelete