Saturday, September 5, 2009

Off to Find the Wizard

Any one who knows Lily knows that she LOVES the Wizard of Oz. If you don't know by now that she is planning on being Dorothy for Halloween, then you probably haven't run into her at a grocery store recently where she feels the need to share that bit of information to any person that is within a ten foot radius.
So when a little birdie (thanks Jen) informed me that they had miniature Wizard of Oz dolls at Wal-Mart that were being clearanced out, I knew I would have to take a trip to the store the next day and see for myself. After taking Lily to school, Sophia and I headed straight for the nearest Wal-Mart where I found three of the four characters that I was looking for.
They had the Tin Man, Scarecrow and Cowardly Lion, but alas, there was no Dorothy. I knew I would have to keep searching, but first I paid for the characters they did have all for a very pocket friendly three dollars a piece.

Now that I knew the name of these dolls, I figured that I could go home and continue my search for the Dorothy doll online. What I found blew me away! Indeed there many Dorothy dolls to choose from with the cheapest asking price set at $29.97 and that was just for the Dorothy doll. The cost for the entire set online was about $80. Holy cow! My three dollar finds were beginning to look better and better.

I knew I was going to have to change my plan of attack. In the hopes of becoming Mother of the Year, I got a list of all of the Wal-Marts within a twenty mile radius and just began calling. By the fourth call, I had finally found a store that had the Dorothy doll.

It was like finding the Holy Grail.












1 comment: