Sunday, September 20, 2009

He Works Hard For The Money


14 hour shifts for
11 days straight.
Two 36-hour shifts in the past few weeks.
4 years in the same place.


He's TIRED!
He's FRUSTRATED!
He DOESN'T GET IT!
He just DOESN'T UNDERSTAND sometimes.


But I do. I get it. Finally, six years later, I get it!


He doesn't work these long shifts because he wants to be away.
He's not working so hard to get to the next step out of selfishness.
He doesn't do what he does for himself.


He does it ALL for US!


He wants to be able to provide for all of our needs.
And he does!
He wants people to be proud of him.
And we are!
He wants us to know that he will do whatever it takes to make sure we are happy.
And he's done that!


But there are also a few things I want him to know...


I want him to know that I ADMIRE him.
I want him to know that I APPRECIATE him.
I want him to know that I RESPECT him.
Most of all, I want him to know that I LOVE HIM!


So it isn't really that he works hard for the money, it's that he works hard for his family.


I see that much more clearly now.

3 comments:

  1. Not only are you an amazing mom...but a wife too! How nice of you to recognize him in this way. Thumbs up mama~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Carrie...That is so great that you recognize all the hard work that he does and more than that..you are appreciative! Applause to you for recognizing him in such a wonderful way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. You are both amazing people and love each other so much...both of you work so hard to make this wonderful blessed life you have. I feel lucky to love you and be loved by you! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete