Sunday, September 6, 2009

Perfect Timing

While sitting at the computer today writing my blog, Lily came and sat next to me. I could see her looking up at the picture frames that we have set up on our shelves. She started commenting on all of the pictures of her and Sophia and when she came to the picture of my grandma, she leaned over to me and asked,
"Momma, when is great-grandma going to come visit us at our house?"
I wasn't too sure how to go about answering this question, so I felt that I would be as honest with her as I could and hope that she would understand. I wasn't quite prepared to have this conversation so soon, especially with a three-year old.
"Great-grandma can't come visit us at our house because she is up in Heaven now. She passed away, but she is always with us."
I paused for a moment to think about what to say next, but Lily didn't give me a chance.
She immediately responded by saying,
"Well then it's a good thing that Ditado will be here on Tuesday."
And her timing couldn't be more perfect!
Thank Heavens for Ditado and short attention spans.

No comments:

Post a Comment