Monday, September 14, 2009

Inspire Me

As we are all well aware, a person who sews I am not. So when my mom offered to tackle the daunting task of making Lily's Halloween costume, which I was much too afraid to do myself, I willingly accepted. She told me that it would probably take "a day or two" to finish it and I was ecstatic because it was one more thing that I could cross of my "to do" list. True to her word, my mom brought out the sewing machine the first night that she was here.


The next thing she did was cut out the pattern and then started pinning the pieces together. After she got all of that done, I was waiting to see what she was going to do next. But nothing came next. All of the pieces of the costume just sat there for a couple of days.

When I asked her why she hadn't gotten any further on the costume, she replied by saying, "I can't just sit down at the sewing machine and sew. I need some motivation. I need to be inspired."


I tried to figure out what could I possibly do to help my mom get inspired to finish this Halloween costume? Then I came up with an idea! Maybe she just needed to BE the character to MAKE the character...




How's that for inspiration!?
(Thanks for being such a good sport mom)

1 comment: